Wednesday, April 27, 2011

6th Graders Travel to NorthBay!


This week, our 6th graders have been attending outdoor school at NorthBay located in Cecil County, Maryland. NorthBay is a premier environmental learning center, located at the top of the Chesapeake Bay, designed to expose students to phenomenal learning opportunities in a dynamic environment, where students can make enriching, and life changing decisions about who they want to become and how they will respond to life.

I have spent the past two days participating with some of my sixth grade students in the activities that they were assigned to do (Kayaking, Zip Line and learning about clams). During this time, I got to learn so much about my students and some really interesting information about the Bay.  I have had such a great time and I truly appreciate all of the hard work Mia Chiarella, Julie Berla, Joanna Tanner, Amy Musgrave and the rest of the WLMS staff for making this trip possible. I also want to thank all of the parent volunteers for taking time out of their busy schedules to go with us! 

For more information about NorthBay, click here: http://www.northbayadventure.com/ Also, Ms. Musgrave has been keeping a daily blog of our adventures here at NorthBay. To see Ms. Musgrave's blog and more photos, please click here: http://wlmsoutdoored2011.blogspot.com/









No comments: