Sunday, April 17, 2011

Field Day 2011: Simply Awesome!


This past Friday, we held our first-ever schoolwide Field Day. It was such a wonderful event and I want to thank Ms. Middleton and Mr. Tiffany for doing such a great job...in fact, they were outstanding in their field (Okay, I couldn't help myself with that pun!)

Over the past month, each homeroom adopted a country to study and represent during our mini-Olympic event. Each homeroom walked into the Wilde Lake High School stadium and participated in our opening ceremony. The WLMS Band played the Olympic theme and the National Anthem, while I welcomed everyone and Mr. Merrills shared the Olympic Creed.

As the day unfolded, homerooms gained points for team spirit, winning events, and good sportsmanship. As a result of our scoring system, the atmosphere during the event was incredibly positive and supportive. It truly was an AWESOME event and I hope we have started a new tradition here at our school.

I want to thank the WLHS students who helped us today and all of the staff and parent volunteers who made this event possible! I would also like to recognize Jackie French, Physical Education Supervisor, for her her support and inspiration.

To see pictures from the event, click here: http://picasaweb.google.com/WLMSwebmaster

 Thanks to Ms. Middleton and Mr. Tiffany!
 The talented WLMS Band!

No comments: