Saturday, August 11, 2012

Some News About Me

Recently, I was selected to serve as the new Instructional Director of Middle Schools for the Frederick County Public School System. In my new role, I will be responsible for helping to lead the Frederick County middle schools as they meet the challenges of implementing the new Maryland Common Core State Curriculum, implementing the new teacher and principal evaluation processes, as well as other school reform initiatives that have been adopted by the state. I am very excited to be given the opportunity to work with the Frederick County Public Schools, but equally sad to leave the students, staff and the friends I have made here in the Howard County Public School System.

It has been my honor and privilege to serve the WLMS community, first as an assistant principal in the late 90’s, and most recently as principal. I want to thank the staff, students and community of WLMS for their support, hard work and dedication that has been demonstrated during my time here. Without question, WLMS is a very special school because of the students, staff and community. I am very proud of all that we have accomplished together over the past three years, including: developing the Wilde Lake Way, raising MSA scores, improving staff morale, piloting netbooks and the Inquiry and Innovation Reading modules, implementing a data conversation protocol (CFIP) that helps improve instruction, creating new partnerships like TriColumbia, updating and improving the facility and showcasing all of the amazing things that happen at the Lake each and everyday.

I also want to recognize those students, staff and colleagues that I have worked with in other schools, including: Owen Brown Middle, Patuxent Valley Middle, Mount View Middle and Elkridge Landing Middle. My 25 years in the Howard County Public School System have been a wonderful experience and I will most certainly miss all of the friends and colleagues I have made over the years. The impact you have had on me and my family is invaluable and ever-lasting.

Once again, thanks to those people with whom I have had the opportunity to work and for allowing me to be apart of your lives. It has been my pleasure and profound honor.

3 comments:

Spicher113 said...

You will be sorely missed.

Unknown said...

Welcome to FCPS Tom

Cassie said...

Congrats!!! You really deserve this :)