Thursday, August 16, 2012

Congratulations to Lisa Smithson!

This afternoon, the Howard County Board of Education appointed Lisa Smithson to the position of Principal of Wilde Lake Middle School. I couldn't be more pleased by this decision and I know Lisa will do an outstanding job.

I have had the pleasure of working with Lisa for the past 12 years. I first met her when I was newly promoted to Principal of Elkridge Landing Middle. At that time, she served in the role of a 6th grade English teacher. At ELMS, she also served as the Alternative Education teacher. In 2008, she was promoted to Assistant Principal at Wilde Lake Middle. A year later, we were reunited when I was transferred to Wilde Lake Middle as Principal.

Over the past three years, Lisa has done an outstanding job as my administrative partner. I am thrilled that she will take over the leadership of the school and take WLMS to even greater heights.

Congratulations Lisa!!! Your promotion is well-deserved.

No comments: