Monday, January 3, 2011

Powerful Partnerships, Amazing Opportunities - Global & Cultural Awareness


Powerful Partnerships, Amazing Opportunities - Global & Cultural Awareness

Recently, I had the opportunity to appear, along with three other talented colleagues from our district, on the first episode of our school system's new Powerful Partnerships, Amazing Opportunities cable TV show. While I was nervous at first, it was a great experience for me to be to be able to share some of the valuable lessons I learned this past summer in Korea and to learn new information from my fellow panel members.

I am happy to report that when my daughter watched this video with me, she said, "Hey dad, you actually sound like you know what you are talking about!" In the tone and mannerisms that only an 11-year old can do so well. However, her review can't be completely trusted. She didn't make it through the entire video...about half-way through my TV debut, she decided to leave the room and finish her homework. I guess I won't quit my day job. ; )

I want to thank Terry Alban and Mary Schiller for inviting me to participate on this panel. I also want to thank Jennifer Johnson, Mike Dubbs and the entire HCPSS TV crew for making us all feel so comfortable during the taping of the show.

1 comment:

Mr. Nunkester said...

Great interview! I was able to catch it inbetween chaperoning a dance and doing work that night in my office! Good stuff, Tom!