Saturday, October 23, 2010

This Made My Day!

At times, all educators ponder whether they are making a difference or not. This past week, I received the following email from a former student that made my day! Thanks Alina for taking time to write to me. If you are reading this blog, and you remember a teacher or mentor fondly, please drop them an email or letter and let them know they made a difference in your life. It will make their day!

Mr. Saunders,
I'm not sure if you remember me, my name is Alina. I was in your 8th grade social studies class at Patuxent Valley '90-'91. That year we had a field trip to Gettysburg to reenact Pickett's charge. I just wanted to let you know that I remembered all you taught me and I got that question correct on Jeopardy last night. My 8 year old daughter asked me how I knew the answer. I told her about you and the class. She asked if you could be her teacher so she can learn a lot too.
Thank you for everything. Hope you are having a great school year, so far.

Sincerely,
Alina

No comments on how old I am based on this email. ; )

No comments: