Sunday, April 22, 2012

6th Graders Travel to NorthBay

Earlier this month, our 6th graders attended outdoor school at NorthBay located in Cecil County, Maryland. NorthBay is a premier environmental learning center, located at the top of the Chesapeake Bay, designed to expose students to phenomenal learning opportunities in a dynamic environment, where students can make enriching, and life changing decisions about who they want to become and how they will respond to life.

I had the pleasure of spending two days participating with some of my sixth graders in the activities that they were assigned to do (Zip Line, learning about clams and the high ropes course). During this time, I got to learn so much about my students and some really interesting information about the Bay.  I had such a great time and I truly appreciate all of the hard work Joanna Tanner, Laura Mettle, Emily Warner and the rest of the WLMS staff for making this trip possible. I also want to thank all of the parent volunteers for taking time out of their busy schedules to go with us! 

For more information about NorthBay, click here: http://www.northbayadventure.com/ To see photos from this year's trip, please click here: https://picasaweb.google.com/104907339060231496895/OutdoorEducationApril2012





No comments: