Thursday, July 10, 2008

ISTE/NECC Conference in San Antonio


Last week, I had the opportunity to attend a national conference on the use of technology in education. I really enjoyed traveling to the great state of Texas to attend this wonderful conference. The keynotes, sessions and the spectacular displays by the national vendors was very impressive. It was the right mix of good ideas, new innovations and an enjoyable location to visit - San Antonio!

I especially enjoyed learning about Illinois' Technology Institute for Principals and the Levels of Technology Innovation presented by Chris Moersch. www.loticonnection.com


During the conference, I had the chance to meet Lester Holt of NBC News. I have been a fan of Mr. Holt since his early days on MSNBC. Meeting him last week and meeting him last week was a pleasure. He was friendly and quite witty.

As result of the conference, I have two new books that I am interested in reading: Alan Deutschman's Change or Die and James Surowiecki's The Wisdom of Crowds.

Finally, I had a lot of fun hanging out with two of my staff members and other educators from my county. I also want to thank my wife and best friend for letting me go on this trip.





No comments: