Thursday, June 7, 2012

One Day to Go!


It is hard for me to believe that my third year at WLMS has almost come to an end. I want to thank each of you for making this school year so successful and memorable. I am happy to report that we have made gains in the area of student daily attendance and student achievement as measured by the MSA. We continue to make strides in decreasing suspensions and office referrals. In fact, we just learned that WLMS has been honored with our fourth consecutive Gold Award form the Maryland State Department of Education for being an exemplary PBIS school.

I want to take this opportunity to thank our PTSA executive board for doing such an outstanding job supporting our students and staff this year. I especially want to thank Mrs. Barham for serving as the President of the PTSA this year. We are very grateful for all that the PTSA does to make WLMS a great school.

I also want to thank our Performing Arts Boosters Club President, Mrs. Dunster, and the entire board for their dedication to our school’s performing arts groups. Your leadership and support have been very helpful as we continue to showcase all of the talented students we have here at WLMS. 

To our eighth grade parents and those families that will be moving to other schools next year, I want to wish you continued success as your child takes the next steps in their educational journey. On behalf of our entire staff, it has been a pleasure to teach this year’s graduating class. We look forward to hearing about their future accolades and accomplishments.

No comments: