Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am Thankful: A Principal's Top 10 List!


Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!  I love its simple premise that we gather with the ones we love to give thanks for our many blessings. There’s no need to exchange gifts and few expectations beyond a properly cooked turkey, stuffing and a large enough TV to watch the football games. It is a day where we can focus on the people we love as we sit across from them and enjoy good conversation, laughter and a deliciously cooked meal. It is a wonderful opportunity for each of us to express how thankful we are for family, friends, and those we work with.

With this in mind, I wanted to thank the staff of Wilde Lake Middle School, the central office staff of the HCPSS, my McDaniel friends, my amazing wife, my incredible kids, my mom and dad and all of the wonderful people who read this blog whom I don't know. I am thankful for each of you and I am wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Here is my Principal TOP 10 List of what I am thankful for as 
I head into the 2011 Thanksgiving Break. 
I am thankful for:

11. High fives and pounds from students, the daily laughs in the front office, working out solutions to problems, and seeing growth in faculty while initiatives move forward.

10. WLMS parents who are overwhelmingly positive about what we do here and when they are critical, they do it kindly.

9. A staff full of professionals who not only work hard but are still hungry to learn more.

8. Our custodial crew for keeping our school looking so beautiful!

7. The new teachers who have entered our WLMS community and have brought new ideas and fresh energy.

6. The students who are generally responsible, respectful, ready, safe and eager to learn.

5. The WLMS Leadership Team who are able to give me advice and counsel with a perspective unlike any one else’s.

4. The front office staff here at WLMS. Need I say more?

3. The talented content team leaders (Lindsay, Brett, Emily, Laura and Lauren!)

2. The hard working and amazing grade level team leaders (Joanna, Jeanette and Damisha!)

1. Lisa, Ann and Michele for helping me each and everyday!

Of course, this is not an exhaustive list, and, it is more than 10!


What would be on your top 10 list this year?

No comments: