Saturday, December 5, 2009

Youth Empowerment Summit (YES) Keynote

HCPSS Middle School




This past Tuesday, I had the pleasure of being one of the keynote presenters at our annual Howard County Middle School Youth Empowerment Summit. I shared the honor of being the keynote speaker with my life-long friend, Rick Gross. Rick and I had the opportunity to share our thoughts about the importance of leadership and getting involved now with more than 250 middle school student leaders! We also shared our student leadership model that we have created that highlights the components necessary to be an empowered student leader who can MAKE A DIFFERENCE!



The theme of this year's YES conference was to "Make a Change." Again this year, Julie Prince, a school counselor from Clarksville Middle School coordinated the event along with other counselors from 14 Howard County Middle Schools. Julie and her conference team members did a wonderful job! I truly had an awesome day and really appreciate the opportunity I was given to interact with so many talented students, staff and leadership consultants.



No comments: