Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Redskins...describing fan faces after the last two games!

As many of you know, I am a life-long Redskin fan. I have lived through the glory years (yes, there were glory years: 5 Superbowl appearances and 3 Superbowl wins), and more recently, years of frustration, anger and embarrassment as a Redskin faithful. This year has been particularly difficult. The drama off the the field has been more interesting than the play on the field. This is great if you happen to be a soap opera fan, unfortunately for me, I am a football fan and I prefer WINS!

Like any good soap opera, the last two Redskins' games have been featured on national TV for the whole world to see. My beloved team, the one that has been hijacked by evil forces, has looked terrible and played even worse. Our team is now competing to see which franchise will be vote most dysfunctional. We are in the hunt for this honor with the likes of Cleveland, St. Louis, Oakland and Detroit.

To sum up this season to me, I have attached two video clips to review. One video clip is from a high school game played two years ago. Interestingly enough, the play was successful when implemented by teenagers.

The second video clip is from the recent Monday Night Football game featuring the "not so special" special teams of the Washington Redskins against the New York Giants. Does this play look familiar? Are the Redskins now getting plays from high school coaches off Youtube?
Worse yet, the Redskins couldn't execute the play.

Simply...embarrassing!




I am praying for this season to end so that we can begin to rebuild, again! For those counting, I believe this will be 7th head coaching change in 11 years. Yes, I believe the Jim Zorn Era will come to an end sometime during the week of Jan. 4th.

1 comment:

Mr. Nunkester said...

As a lifelong Skins fan myself, all I can say is DITTO.

Wow. Can't wait for next year!

Happy New Year, Tom!

-Nunk