Saturday, July 25, 2009

Why Teaching Music Is Important?

“During the Gulf War, the few opportunities I had for relaxation I always listened to music, and it brought me great peace of mind. I have shared my love of music with people throughout this world, while listening to the drums and special instruments of the Far East, Middle East, Africa, the Caribbean, and the Far North, and all of this started with the music appreciation course that I was taught in a third-grade elementary class in Princeton, New Jersey. What a tragedy it would be if we lived in a world where music was not taught to children.”

Retired General H. Norman Schwarzkopf
United States Army



“The things I learned from my experience in music in school are discipline,
perseverance, dependability, composure, courage and pride in results. . .
Not a bad preparation for the workforce!”


Gregory Anrig
President, Educational Testing Service



“Music is an essential part of everything we do. Like puppetry, music has an abstract quality which speaks to a worldwide audience in a wonderful way that nourishes the soul.”

Jim Henson
Creator of the Muppets and puppeteer

No comments: