Saturday, November 8, 2008

Redskin Loss Hurts & Omen Holds True Again!



This past Monday night, "my" Washington Redskins were defeated by the Pittsburgh Steelers by a score of 23-6 on national TV. The Steelers stopped running back Clinton Portis and sacked quarterback Jason Campbell seven times. Due to this painful loss, my day-off on Tuesday was dreary and unproductive. Making the loss even worse, I had to wear a Steeler's jersey yesterday in order to pay-off my friendly wager with both Ms. Cheung and Mr. Spicher.

In the picture below, I am surrounded by the ELMS 6th graders who happen to be Steeler fans, too. Needless to say, they were very pleased with their team's victory this past week and enjoyed my discomfort wearing the black and gold.


Interesting Redskin Omen

For all but one of the last 17 presidential ballots, since 1937, a Redskins victory has signaled a win for the party currently in power and a loss has meant a change in the party occupying the White House.

As we now know, Senator Obama won the Presidential Election over rival Senator John McCain keeping this interesting omen alive.

1 comment:

Mr. Nunkester said...

Hi Tom!

I hope you remember me! Rog Nunkester from Southern Columbia Middle School in Pennsylvania. We spoke on the phone last year!

I was doing a search on John Quashnoc and your blog came up. John was a facilitator in my NISL course last year. He is a wonderful man!

Anyway, I hope all is well. You'll be happy to know that I used some of your character education ideas!

I must tell you, that I too, am a HUGE Redskins fan. I was born in DC and have rooted for the 'Skins all my life. My daughter and I caught the Bills game in August at FedEx and sat on the 46 yard line, 17 rows up, on the Skins side. It was a dream come true.

Great to see your blog! I hope all is well.

You can see mine at...

nunknews.blogspot.com

Have a great week,
Rog