Saturday, September 6, 2008

Advice for New Teachers!


Each year, thousands of teachers eagerly begin their career in public education to meet the educational needs of our students. This year at ELMS, we hired 3 brand new teachers. I am happy to report that all 3 of them are doing very well. However, as you might imagine or remember, being a new teacher can be overwhelming. I believe it is much more difficult to be a new teacher in 2008; then when I began my teaching career back in 1987. Which leads me to this question for each of my readers...

What advice do you have for new teachers?

Please share your thoughts and ideas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new approach in your blog to encourage the community to respond, by posting a question! Great way to encourage collaboration.

Advice: Transitions matter. Between classes, between groups, between activities, after giving directions, etc... Know how or what will happen during transitions.